Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Itchiness From Waxing

a little fashion history - the emergence of the haute couture

In my professional work I am currently in the development of fashion in the early 20.Jahrhindert. And I thought I brinnge a little more fashion, or employment, so in my blog and not only outfit posts.

Today is about the creation of Haute Couture:

Before the mid-18th Century was the making of clothing as a craft, invented as Charles Frederick Worth, haute couture, clothes for the first time was also seen as art or fashion design.


Charles Frederick Worth (1826-1895), an Englishman who moved to Paris in 1845 and some years later opened his own fashion house was also the beginning of the new century with the invention of high fashion trends and draft specific this far after his death. Before him was spread on clothing needs and adapt to the customer level, but CF Worth designed collections of high society were presented and it was offered for sale, but without the clients had an influence on the designed fashion. Since then, Paris is a city of haute couture and the emblem of famous designers and fashion creations.
But what now seems to Haute Couture?

A committee decides under certain guidelines (such as having at least 35 this handgeferitgte models per half year / season and a Maßatelier with 15 employees) have, whether to call a designer's haute couture collection must. The creations will be shown 2 times a year. Today's Famous Haute Couture include Valentino, Chanel, Dior and Elie Saab.

Today's Haute Couture:
(Elie Saab 2011)


Haute Couture by CF Worth:

I hope my little excursion into the fashion story you liked, I think I will soon probably more articles on this subject write.

0 comments:

Post a Comment